When you cannot take a print from your printer because of the ‘Printer Offline’ error message, you must follow the steps on ‘How to Bring an Offline Brother Printer Online‘ and fix the brother printer offline windows issue from the printer settings. As a result, you will get your printer back online. Now, you will be able to print your documents again.
However, if your Brother printer keeps showing offline, you want to know ‘How to turn Brother printer online’ you may need to make some necessary changes to your printer setup & settings to restore it to online mode.
How to Fix Brother Printer Offline Error – Step by Step
STEP 1# Ensure that the Brother Printer is having a proper power supply
- User, if your Printer’s screen or LCD is blank or showing nothing. Then, there is a possibility the printer may be powered OFF or in sleep mode.
- Firstly, make sure it is plugged-in to a working socket and the power switch is turned ON.
- Secondly, check your printer power cable, if it is in working condition. A damaged power cable will not work, you should try to replace the power cable with a new one.
- Lastly, if the error is coming due to power issues then the above steps are more than enough to stop my brother printer from going offline.
NOTE: If your printer is not powering ON, the below solutions are not applicable to you. Troubleshoot this hardware issue or call our customer support number +14148008714
STEP 2# Clear all minor errors
- Check the LCD for any error messages like- “Paper Jam” or “Ink/Toner Empty”. If the LCD shows an error, troubleshoot the error to clear the issue indicated.
- Hold the ‘X‘ button (called a Cancel button) in the printer for 5-10 seconds to clear all minor errors.
- Please cancel all Print Job from your operating system (Windows, MAC, or Linux)
STEP 3# Make sure the printer is connected to the computer/ Work Station
- If you are using a USB cable, make sure the cable is connected to both the port of the printer and the computer.
- Try to connect the printer directly to the computer and not via any USB extender or hub.
- Ensure you are not using a damaged printer USB cable, try to change with a new printer USB Cable if found damaged.
- If using an ethernet cable, make sure you have inserted the Cat5 or Cat6 properly into both the printer and the router/access point.
- Open the default printer network configuration page to check the IP address.
- Try to PING with your printer IP to ensure that the network is responding!
- If the problem persists then you may change the ethernet cable because sometimes the ethernet cable cause the problem or you may switch the ethernet port as well.
- If using a wireless connection, visit the network configuration page to verify the IP address.
STEP 4# Restart the Brother Printer
- Firstly, hold the Printer Power button for 3-5 seconds & release the button.
- Secondly, check all the LEDs & the printer screen is not blinking or showing anything.
- Thirdly, press the printer power button again to turn ON.
- Lastly, wait for 30-60 seconds while your brother printer warms-up and become ready.
If your printer is still showing offline you may have a look of the following alternative–
- Firstly, check the installed driver is available, or reinstall it.
- Secondly, printer Offline solution for Windows 10, 8 & 7
- Thirdly, fix Brother printer offline for MAC OS
- Fourthly, solution for printer offline of Linux
- Lastly, You may contact our global support
Declaration: https://brother-printer.support an independent and trustworthy third-party printer support service provider, we are not associated or engaged with any of the companies and businesses. Our intention is not to mislead any brand,, Hereby, we disclaim any relationship, authorization or sponsorship with any official company, brand, product or images that are used for the referral purpose.
What we have learned to resolve the offline issue
Follow the 4 easy steps to stop my brother printer from going offline always
1. Firstly, check the power supply of your printer.
3. Secondly, clear all error of the printer (Example- Paper Jam, Low Ink, etc).
4. Thirdly, check the printer connection with your computer device.
5. Lastly, reboot your brother printer.
Check your printer property settings are correct or reinstall the printer driver again. Else contact support centre +14148008714.
This Printer Offline solution is also applicable for the following Brother printer models
You may use this resolution to fix offline error or if printer shows not connected for: DCP-310CN, DCP-315CN, DCP-8045D, FAX-1940CN, HL-1210W, HL-1212W, HL-1270N, HL-1470N, HL-1670N, HL-1870N, HL-2070N, HL-2135W, HL-2150N, HL-2170W, HL-2250DN, HL-2270DW, HL-2600CN, HL-2700CN, HL-3040CN, HL-3070CW, HL-3260N, HL-3450CN, HL-4000CN, HL-4200CN, HL-5070N, HL-5170DN, HL-5350DN, HL-5370DW, HL-5380DN, HL-6050DN, HL-7050N, HL-8050N, MFC-3320CN, MFC-3340CN, MFC-3820CN, MFC-410CN, MFC-425CN, MFC-5440CN, MFC-5460CN, MFC-5840CN, MFC-5860CN, MFC-620CN, MFC-7225N, MFC-7820N, MFC-8840DN, MFC-9420CN
Why a Brother printer goes to offline mode?
There are several causes when a Brother printer goes offline. The reasons can be a printer hardware issue, software/driver installation issue, connection issue, or maybe operating system issue too. Follow the resolution given here or chat with a certified printer technician to stop my brother printer from going offline. Or install a diagnostic tool to check errors in-order to set printer from offline to online status.