One of the most asked questions by the brother printer users is- “why is my brother printer keeps going offline, or not connected” in google search 2020.
When you need to take an urgent printout from your Brother Printer and unable to proceed because your installed Brother printer keeps showing offline. At that time, you need to recheck the default settings of the printer to continue printing. In some operating system like Windows 10, the built-in feature is already there to auto troubleshoot the printer error.
If your brother printer says offline, and if you want to know the cause “why your brother printer is not connected?” Then the common reasons are –
1. No Power Supply to your printer.
2. Connectivity Issue.
3. Printer Error.
4. Software or an Operating System Issue.
5. Driver Missing or maybe Corrupted.
6. Printer Setting.
7. Hardware Problem.
7 Most Common Reasons Why your Brother Printer goes offline
1# Proper Power is not available to your printer
Firstly, the most common reason is that the brother printer may not have a proper power supply due to the power cable or your main power socket from where the power comes. Over 90% of complaints on Printer keeps going offline is due to power failure.
The most common reasons for printer power failure are-
- Maybe your device’s power cable has a Rat-bite.
- Furthermore, the power cable got damaged.
- Lack of proper cable connection and low voltage issues due to which brother printer not connected
- Lastly, printer power socket rusted due to long term use.
#2. Printer Connectivity Problem
Additionally, the most common cause of Brother Printer showing offline error is connectivity issues. For you to understand this clearly, you have to know how the printer works. When you take a printout from a printer, many technical processes are going on in the background.
- Firstly, your PC sends a command to print a document to your printer.
- Secondly, your printer starts processing the PC command and does a self-check to check if it is ready to complete the requested print task or not this takes around 5 seconds.
- Thirdly, the printer starts to print the paper when it finds out it can carry out the print task given by the PC.
- Lastly, when the printer finishes its print task successfully, your PC gets the message from your printer that it carried out the PC command successfully otherwise error message is shown in printer screen or on your PC screen.
Understand types of printer connectivity failures-
- Also, using a damaged USB Data Cable.
- If you are using a wireless printer, then WiFi connectivity may not work correctly.
- If you have a network printer, then a network port or LAN cable has some issue.
- Generally, IP Conflict or IP has changed issues.
- Lastly, firewall restriction.
#3. Printer Error
One of the other reason can be your printer has an error like-
- Low Ink.
- Printer cartridge.
- Paper Jam.
#4. OS Problem
You must be using an operating system like – Windows, Linux, MAC. Occasionally, the installed printer software is behind the Brother Printer showing offline error.
Few common reasons are-
- Firstly, the main ‘.DLL’ file is missing or corrupted.
- Secondly, OS inbuilt Firewall system or any third-party antivirus software stopped required functions/services.
- Thirdly, default OS Printer Server/ Service (also called Print Spooler) has stopped.
- Fourthly, your system might be affected by some harmful viruses.
- Lastly, printer software stopped functioning mostly in windows computers.
#5. Printer Driver Problem
You need to ensure proper installation of the printer drivers, many times it has been noticed by the brother printer support team that mostly “The Brother Printer showing offline” issue happens due to the following reasons:
- The user has installed a new operating system, and the required driver is not available.
- Driver corrupted.
#6. Printer Settings
Also, the Brother printer has printer settings, which you can use to switch between online and offline status. Sometimes unknowingly, some users set it offline, so this is also one of the causes for showing offline error. Brother Printer showing offline also can occur from Printer preference or Printer properties settings from your OS.
#7. Hardware Problem
Lastly, the hardware problem occurs when you use your printer for long periods & sometimes due to physical damage. If your printer hardware components are not functioning, you must contact the Brother Support Centre.
Declaration: https://brother-printer.support an independent and trustworthy third-party printer support service provider, we are not associated or engaged with any of the companies and businesses. Our intention is not to mislead any brand,, Hereby, we disclaim any relationship, authorization or sponsorship with any official company, brand, product or images that are used for the referral purpose.
In conclusion, the above reasons are given for printer offline error based upon the most common issues. If you want to turn your brother printer into online mode, have a look at our suggested solution on – How to fix brother printer offline problem in easy steps.